RS232 keypad help

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a link or circuit for the following: I am wanting to build a small cabled remote control keypad with 2 or 3 buttons to control a PC during powerpoint presentations without having to have the mouse or keyboard on the lectern. I have seen these before but the only types i can find on the web are IR types. Ideally i would like it to use the RS232 port or parrallel port. Has anyone seen such a device and the software for it, i doubt it would be too hard to build ?

Thanks in advance. RB snipped-for-privacy@tuks.co.za

Reply to
Roger Bagnall