RS232 autotest

Hello,

I'm developing a diagnostic system which shall control correction of installation RS232 circuit on a board.

I made a socket which has connected pins with pairs: TxD-RxD, RTS-CTS, DSR-DTR. If everything where installed correctly, when I set RTS, I should see CTS set in my program too. When I set DSR, I should see DTR set too. When I send a character, I should receive it, thanks to TxD connected to RxD.

The problem is with DCD and RI. I think that these lines should have external circuit connected to them, to make them change state from

0 to 1. What kinds of external units should be connected to DCD and RI ?

Thanks in advance, Vicky.

Reply to
Vicky

DCD and RI are generated by modems. Why not connect RTS to these as well?

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,