Ringer is Dead in Telephone - a Fix?

Hello people. I have a phone at home that uses the electronic type of ringer (piezo) and will not ring. This phone can receive an incoming phone signal as a red flasher (mounted on the unit's base) will go off when the signal in coming in through the jack but there is no sound coming from the ringer. Is there a practical way to fix the ringer or should I just toss the phone and forget it?

Thanx to all who help, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Gillis

Sometimes there is a ringer switch on the bottom.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Aurora, Ontario

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Or the piezo is dead!, simply find one at your local electronics store and try it out, it won't do you any harm, and it will keep your dandy flashing phone out landfill!

Myron Samila Toronto, ON Canada Samila Racing http://204.101.251.229/myronx19

Reply to
Myron Samila

AAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhh.....no.

Reply to
Bruce Gillis

Or plug in a dead phone that still has a working ringer.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/