RF signal bypass from power

Hi..

I have an old observation camera Philips VCM8160. From some readings I presume the signal comes in RF mode.. not video composite (the camera also has audio built in).

I alredy looked for Philips support, or any other info on the net and it's beeing very hard to find someting about it.

It's power and signal cable are the same. I presume it was plugged to some manufacturer mixer, where the signal decoupling was done.

My point is how can I power and decouple the signal for my own? Is it enough only a bybass capacitor on the power line?

camera input | | | | | |-----||-------------------------------- video signal out | | bypass | | capacitor | | - + power supply

Thanks in advance David

Reply to
davide.palma

You may need a choke between the tap for the video signal and the power supply, else the power circuitry draws down the signal too much.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Why would they modulate the video and not the audio?

Michael A. Terrell