Rf Power transistor

Hi! I need a high power rf transistor. It is going to work in a ballanced push-pull coupling, delivering 44dBm out. I need the transistor to be in a package of two transistors. The gain has to be at least 12dB. The frequency band of operation is from 600 to 1000 MHz, and the large signal operation over this band should be reasonably flat.

If anyone have suggestions about this, I appreciate it! Maybe someone even know about designguides about this?

Than you!

Johan H. Skjørdal

Reply to
Johan H. Skjørdal

In article , "Johan H. Skjørdal" writes: |> Hi! |> I need a high power rf transistor. It is going to work in a ballanced |> push-pull coupling, delivering 44dBm out. I need the transistor to be in a |> package of two transistors. The gain has to be at least 12dB. The frequency |> band of operation is from 600 to 1000 MHz, and the large signal operation |> over this band should be reasonably flat.

Hm, this is not going to be cheap ;-) The MRF648 have enough power (~50-60W), but reach only 500-600MHz with lousy 4-5db gain (as most other bipolar transistors).

My best bet would be some of the Mitsubishi FETs (MGF090x), which have good gain at that frequency. Unfortunately, your needed frequency range is not very common, otherwise some modules would be interesting...

Maybe you can find something useful here:

         Georg Acher, acher@in.tum.de
         http://wwwbode.in.tum.de/~acher
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Georg Acher

your requirement of 2 in a pkg may be a prob, dunno.

just a rough guess. if motorola gave up the MRF183, on semi may have picked it up. 12dB Gain at 1GHz Pout 45W Pin 2.8W 55% efficiency in class A mode. this one doesn't have test circuit data like some do.

i don't think the thing is going to have flat response. you'd need to deal with that.

i'd check the websites and even pick up the phone.

brs, mike

Reply to
Active8

I Think You need SiGe HBT. It works over 1GHz and have good noise perference. Johan H. Skjørdal ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:3f783e58@193.71.169.73...

frequency

Reply to
Rost

There are no commercial SiGe power devices for 44 dBm power levels!

An ordinary LDMOS FET would perform OK at these frequencies and power levels. The problem is to find a product that is aimed for this broad frequency band.

/Ted

Rost wrote:

Reply to
Ted Johansson

i didn't suggest that, so don't yell at me, yell at Rost. don't know how you messed up your reply.

well, the one i suggested is. HF to 1GHz.

mike

Reply to
Active8