replacement batteries for APC UPS?

For want of a better group to post this in (suggestions welcome):

Does anyone have suggestions as to reasonably priced replacements for the batteries in APC UPSes? The pack in my Smart-UPS1500 looke very much like 2 motorbike batteries glued together (though I have not found any info on characteristics).

Has anyone ever tries using motorbike batteries in the UPS? Would there be any compelling reasons (incompatibilities, dangers etc) to not try that? If not, any tips one should remember when trying this?

regards

Reply to
Mathias Koerber

There is a company that sells reasonably priced replacement gel-cell (SLA - sealed lead acid) batteries for the APC units. The first reason for staying with the gel-cell battery is that it's non-spillable - you don't want to dump battery acid on the carpet if you knock the UPS on its side.

Check here for the battery you need and probably MUCH cheaper than the APC site:

John