Replace touch dimmer control

I bought "Indoor Wire-In 3-Level Touch Dimmer Replacement"

to replace the burned touch control in my touch-sensitive lamp. In the picture

or a bigger picture, with instruction of the AmerTac kit:
the old one on the right is still attached. The new kit is on the lower left.

I know the yellow wire is ground. But I'm not sure which wire on the new kit replaces which on the old dimmer control. The instruction has labels "Wide Labels", "Ribbed", etc for the wires. How do I translate that to match the wires on my old dimmer? Thanks.

Reply to
yong321

the yellow wire is not ground, it goes to the touchplate or lamp body, whatever it is you touch to operate the dimmer.

Wide refers to the wide pin on the lamp plug, from that runs a wire labeled as "ribbed" which connects to the grey wire on the dimmer and to the lamp.

The narrow plug pin connects to a wire that connects to the black wire on the dimmer , and the brown wire on the dimmer connects to the other terminal on the lamp.

if your power plug does not have wide and narrow pins you probably don't have a 120V electrical supply and this dimmer isn't going to work for you.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

t.net ---

Thanks a lot Jasen. I followed your instruction and replaced the dimmer control. It works perfectly! You have a nice day.

Reply to
yong321