Repainting a keyboard matrix

I'd like to move the electronics from one keyboard into another. The problem is that the matrices are different. They are both the membrane under rubber dome type. Which means I have to make a new set of mylar contact sheets. Sheets of mylar are easy enough to come by. The question is the conductive paint. There are numerous varieties, the window defroster type, the circuit board repair type and others.

Can someone tell me a brand that will stick to mylar and can take the repeated pounding that it will undergo on a keyboard.

Reply to
Mark Healey

This is a repair kit for rubber keypad contacts (such as found in IR remote controls). This stuff sticks to rubber, I'm guessing it'll stick to mylar.

If it were my project, I'd call a manufacturer like MG Chemicals or CircuitWorks-- who make all kind of conductive paint pens, as well as the above repair kit (MG) -- and ask them what they make that might make your job easier.

Good luck,

--
Al, the usual
(no connection to MG at all

It's not that type of keyboard. It is the type with three sheets of mylar. One has the x axis of the matrix in conductive paint. Another has the y axis. The third is between them with Holes at the intersections. When the key is depressed, contact is made. No, rubber contacts.

Reply to
Mark Healey