Relative Sound Level

Does two seperate Amplifiers running two 8ohm loudspeakers from the same sound source, sound as loud as two 8ohm loudspeakers wired in parallel from one of the amplifiers (relatively speaking)?

Reply to
Mr Mark

YUes. If the amplifiers are typical solid-state ones with ~0 output impedance.

| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@i.am | Ian Stirling.

---------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------- "An enemy will usually have three courses open to him. Of these he will select the fourth." -- Helmuth von Moltke

Reply to
Ian Stirling

All other things being equal (which of course they never are in the real world) and assuming that you are talking about a solid state amplifier with a near zero output impedance, and wire with a near zero resistance, my guess would be yes (relatively speaking) because with the two speakers in parallel, you are doubling the output power but it is equally divided between the two speakers yielding the same power per speaker. Of course, I have been known to be wrong before (more often than I care to admit and climbing ;-)

Reply to
Baphomet