Relace batteries with cell phone charger

I replaced (3) 1.5V AA batteries used in a called I.D. unit with a wall transformer that used to charge up a cell phone.

It puts out 6.17 volts DC at .7amp. The displays shows Set Language but goes no further.

Is it because it is a charger ?

Thanks.

Reply to
WhiteTea

It would be smart to learn basic arithmetic. Start with the product of 3 and 1.5.

More likely the chips have a limit of 5.25V and you zapped them.

Reply to
JeffM

I put some NiMh in it and it worked fine.

Good chip design, wider tolerance range. :-)

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea

The output of the charger is probably pretty noisy.Some filtering might help.

Reply to
PhattyMo

Thanks. Is there a link explaining how I can do that. I have done projects using the circuit boards, diodes, resistors, etc.

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea