Re: Worldwide single phase primary voltages and frequencies

Curious as to what is being used where? Here's a list!

> > Voltage tolerances are the standard plus or minus10%, but the >underdeveloped nations on the list can vary to a greater degree, and >typically do. > > Frequency tolerances are defined more locally to their geographical >region, but again, non-industrialized nations are where the greatest >deviances are found. >
:
Australia and the Pacific: > >Australia 240-250V/50Hz

: Australia is in the process of adopting the 230V 'standard'

Michael Gray

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:08:17 +0930, Michael Gray Gave us:

Many are.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Whereas On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:25:35 -0700, DarkMatter scribbled: , I thus relpy:

Canada is ithe same as the US. In fact, my outlets read 126V or so.

--
Gary J. Tait .  Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat
Reply to

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:59:48 -0400, Gary Tait Gave us:

Now there is a definitive response... NOT!

The frequency is the same. That is so that we can help out if needed, and vice versa.

The voltage is as declared, despite what YOU read on some lame, likely NOT calibrated, handheld, POS meter.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Who cares if you don't even get the values for Europe right. It is NOT

220V, and it is NOT +/-10%, these values have been outdated for more than 10 years now. Thus your table is utterly useless.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Hofmann