Re: Watt Sun's 28 LED Power Light - LED28PowerLight3807s.jpg [1/1]

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cedar.net mentioned...

> > This thing gsts hot! I populated the other half, and it's pulling > > .84A at 4.8V. Whatta Power Light, and for only seven bucks worth of > > LEDs. > > And each half wastes 640mW in the resistors. > > A constant current switching regulator in boost mode would make a lot of > sense here.

Yeah, but that's why I said rechargeable cells. And I was really gonna use it with a wall wart, off the AC line. So I really wasn't concerned about wasted power. If I was, I'd probably go with some Luxeon Stars. At considerably more cost..

And then of course I could've connected them in series instead of all in parallel.

But I should spread 'em out more so there's not so much heat in one spot. Or else put 'em on some kind of heatsink.

Right now there's 7 bucks for the LEDs, less than fifty cents' worth of resistors, and a buck for the circuit board. A lotta light for under ten bucks! Dirt cheap!

I gotta question for the PC board experts. This thing gets hot. But I'd like to know if the phenolic PC boards that Rat Whack sells are

94 V-O or whatever they call the fire retardant type. If not, should I use them on a circuit that's going to be handling AC line voltages?
--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###