Re: Use for scanner parts

I've been given a scanner which needs an interface card which I haven't

>got, and unlikely to get (I believe the interface is akin to ISA on the >scanner side) (It is a Scantak 2c). > >So 3 questions > >If I break it for scrap, can anyone suggest a project I might do from the >parts?

Use the stepper motors for some gee-whiz device.

If I don't break it from scrap, can anyone suggest how to make an >interface card/dongle (would have to be fairly primitive)?

The scanner is mentioned online in a couple of places. The descriptions mention that an interface card comes with it. The card could be either s SCSI card or a proprietary interface.

>Anyone got an interface card going spare? >

Have you checked Ebay?

Monster

More about me:

VB3 source code:
VB6 source code:
VB6 - MySQL how to:
My newest language - NSBasic for the Palm PDA:
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras:
johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Reply to
the Wiz

Yahh. What I've read is that the scanner sees an ISA interface. Maybe I have misinterpreted this.

Monster

--
Spam will eat itself
Reply to