Re: Q. Light sensor to turn on a bright light or flash.

Now, given the above, how would I begin to go about this project ?

> > Thanks, > Jim

First, realize that in doing this, what you will instead see in your rearview mirror will be lights that not only are very bright, but flash red and blue.

Reply to
Garrett Mace

Use a mirror on your bumper.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III

Uh, realize this that cops don't dont do what I described. And, cop cars are pretty obvious in comparison to other types of passenger cars.

What I propose is for those that've not yet learned to keep some distance between themselves and the car in front of them.

Reply to
Jim Jones

red

Is that so? The last time I got a ticket, it was at night on the highway...I came up on some cars doing 50 in a 55 and decided to pass them. A car approached very fast while I was passing the third car, flipped on their brights and got on my bumper, sped up and slowed down repeatedly while flashing their brights on and off. I decided to speed up and get around the last two cars and let the wacko pass. As soon as I pulled back into the right lane, the car followed me and then turned on ALL his lights...including the red and blue ones. Entrapment, but what can you do.

Again, this is a really stupid idea. Retarded. It's illegal to put such lights on the back of your car. If you really want to hassle other drivers and contribute to our huge road-rage problem, allow the other driver to pass and then follow them with your brights on. Also, a lot of trucks and SUVs may appear to have their brights on, but they are just taller and therefore you get to stare directly into their low-beams.

I, unlike you, can be bothered to take the trouble to flick a little tab on my rearview mirror. Trying to take revenge on the roads will only land you in the hospital or jail. Relax.

Reply to
Garrett Mace

Better yet turn them up real bright real quick when they detect the flash of a speed camera.

Reply to
CWatters

Install "The Button" in your dash. When you insert the key card, flip a toggle to "ARM", and press "The Button" (preferably large and red), your car instantly lays down a thick smokescreen, jettisons tack strips, and fires a tear gas grenade through the windshield of the car behind you.

At least that's the logical ending of allowing drivers to take revenge on each other...or you can look at South Africa where anti-hijacker devices are legal:

They also have a little device where a hidden switch or remote will drive a

12" sharp spike up through the seat...*shudder*.
Reply to
Garrett Mace

How about a 50mm mounted on your Hummer!! I had a friend that asked a Hummer dealer if they could do this.... They answered "You'd be surprised how many have asked" The road rage crowd is arming themselves to the teeth!! Later, Ross

car

are

Ross Mac