Re: Not one single person has answered my MC1530 posting correctly

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rick wrote (in ) about 'Not one single person has answered my MC1530 posting correctly', on Wed, 21 Jan

2004:

Don't be flattered, FB denigrates everyone quite impartially. (;-)

John Woodgate

notice.

Don't sell yourself short. I was hacking away at it in my spare time and was on the right track. However I didn't reduce the circuit like you did, so your writeup on the solution wasn't wasted on me.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

FB solved the 2nd, IIRC, design challenge correctly... frawressry, perhaps. JT asked him to bite his tongue so others could have a chance.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Absolutely! In spite of many opinions to the contrary, FB's skills are first rate!

...Jim Thompson

notice.

I'm going to post some more (when I again have some spare time... the work load is picking up).

But I will post *as designed* so that the design progress points can be observed.

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'Not one single person has answered my MC1530 posting correctly', on Thu, 22 Jan 2004:

Well, I believe you about his skills, but none of us understand why he has to be so aggressive. It is that which does him no justice and gives the impression that he is just a boor.

John Woodgate

Let's not forget the other resident troll :) (minor editing on quoted text)

Tim

-- "That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson Website @

Tim Williams

To a number of us "RSW" is non-existent ;-)

...Jim Thompson

First rate???

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-

Jim, you're so right; Fred's analyses of this circuit..."I am not exactly sure", and "The circuit is tough" are both symptomatic of a really top-notch electronics talent.

--
Rick
Reply to

ctrl-K

...Jim Thompson

ctrl-Z

Thanks, - Win

whill_at_picovolt-dot-com

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Jim is undone!

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

What *is* ctrl-Z? Some remnant of DOS-past?

...Jim Thompson

: >>> ctrl-K : >>

: >> ctrl-Z : >

: >

: >Jim is undone! : : What *is* ctrl-Z? Some remnant of DOS-past?

MS forever apparently. ;-) Means "UNDO".

Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez };-) Web Site -

Email - snipped-for-privacy@comXcast.net Remove - SPAM and X to contact me

--
This email ain't infected, dude!

Date: 1/23/04
Reply to
Bill Garber

In news:4uKdnXkIyd_INo snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com (Bill Garber):

Nonono! It is a remnant of old DOS past, sheesh... haven't you ever typed in:

MS DOS Version 3.3, Copyright 1989 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>COPY CON AUTOEXEC.BAT @echo off REM Put your auto-run commands here... ^Z C:\>

Ctrl-Z is the EOF code, or End Of File. :)

Reply to
Mark J.

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : >> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:04:05 GMT, "Tom Del Rosso" : >> wrote: : >>

: >>> In news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com, : >>> Winfield Hill typed: : >>>> Jim Thompson wrote... : >>>>>

: >>>>> ctrl-K : >>>>

: >>>> ctrl-Z : >>> Jim is undone! : >>

: >> What *is* ctrl-Z? Some remnant of DOS-past? : >

: > MS forever apparently. ;-) Means "UNDO". : : Nonono! It is a remnant of old DOS past, sheesh... haven't you ever typed

It is also UNDO in Windoze. Hence the reason someone said that Jim is Undone. ;-)

Date: 1/23/04
Reply to
Bill Garber

I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'Not one single person has answered my MC1530 posting correctly', on Sat, 24 Jan 2004:

Undo last action. It works in many Windoze apps, too. Some allow you to do it 100 times if you set them up that way.

I've always suspected that software writers include hidden keyboard short-cuts, to maintain their superiority over mere users. I don't mean just Easter eggs, but really useful things, like setting the default save folder to something other than 'My doc-u-ments'. Blxxdy baby-talk! Indicative of what Redmondoids opinion of users really is.

John Woodgate

In Windows it's undo, but in DOS it was something like EOF.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You are giving them too much credit. Most of Windows is simply backwards compatibility with something somebody thought up 10 years ago at 3am under deadline. Either that, or its stolen from Apple, where they at least gave lip service to usability, what with Don Norman lurking about the halls.

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Robert C Monsen