Re: Monitor Signal Cable Severed

Thanks

> > I took the whole thing apart and soldered it again. It's working flawlessly, > although I hope there is no electrical risk involved as I only covered the > wires with electrical tape.

There should not bee any electrical risk with only electricla tape cover on SVGA cable. All the signals going in that cable are very low voltage (5V or less) and limited power signals.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

I did this to a monitor ; I used epoxy to protect the wiring inside the repaired plug (it was one of those awkward ones with all 24 pins)

-A

Reply to
Andre

flawlessly,

Good to hear. But perhaps you should find some flexible armored conduit to put around that cable for the next time your kids find the wirecutters! ;-)

Reply to
Garrett Mace

My $0.02 worth . It is always better to repair at the VGA/SVGA plug end as that way you get less of an impedance mismatch than soldering halfway into the cable .

Either that or replace the entire lead . If you know what you are doing this looks much neater .

-A

Reply to
Andre