Re: Microwave ovens and gold

I hate to throw away my heirloom dishes with gold trim but a dish that can

> not be put in a microwave oven, is not a dish anymore. > > Anyone know any neat tricks to get around the sparks?

Repeal your remarkable theory that "only microwave-safe dishes are valuable"?

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Heh? Oh, criminys, don't be so lazy! Either wash them separately, or don't use them at all and treat them as showpieces.

Won't happen. If they've got ANY metal content, it will be zapped. Period.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

yeah, just stick it in there and watch the show.

-- Myron Samila Toronto, ON Canada Samila Racing http://204.101.251.229/myronx19

Reply to
Myron Samila

I have a sorta related question.

I, say, a roommates three year old [age not important here] decides to play with the microwave oven; and manages not only to have put a can or something it, but manages to turn it on - all while said roommate is passed out all day yet again.

Now, somewhere down the line shouldn't something - a circuit breaker, a fuse, something picked up on a problem at some point?

Or is it normal for the apartment just burn down?

This is no joke: I'm seriously interested to know if there wasn't something that should have happened - or not - that didn't, or did.

Whatever: I being held responsable for the damages even though I wasn't even there and though I tried to have the roommate tossed out for doing drugs [and not paying anything, etc.]

Thanks for any help here.

Reply to
Metaphysicist

Well, if they placed it on a hot burner on the stove and the place burned down, what would you blame THAT on?? Placing something in the microwave rates right up there with placing things on a hot stove. No, nothing will "blow a fuse" or "pop a breaker" just as nothing will do so for a hot stove. Your best defense is to consult your lease agreement or rental agreement and see what it says.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III