Re: I have the 10 MHZ using a unbuffered inverter 14069

I am completely stumped on how to get 10MHZ down to 64 Hurtz using binary

> ripple counters I tried to find a 32.768KHZ watch crystal with wire leads > but All I can find is SMC SOIC SOT devices they are so small I can barely > see them > > The 10MHZ part I used two pull down 22pF caps tatium film. The resistor I > used on the 4069 out put to the second 22pF cap was 340K The Feedback > (hooked between the in/out of the 4069) resistor I used was 10Meg 1% metal > film.

seems good to me (especially if the whole thing is oscillating). The point of 32.768 kHz xtal is that it is very easy to divide ! You will find small tin-can shaped fork-resonators on most older motherboards. They are easy to unsolder and re-use. I have a drawer full of such salvaged resonators from all kind of borken appliances, and mostly motherboards, so I'm sure you should manage to find one as well.

Now concerning you division question, 10.153e6/60=1.6922e+05 so you feed your 10 MHz output to an 17 bit binary counter and every time the output reaches 84610=1.6922e+05/2, you toggle the output. Doing so with discrete components is a bit time consuming and prone to errors, so I would advise to use a monolithic counter designed for such purposes (one of the ICM series should do the trick, but I havent used them for a while so I don't remember which one would suit your needs -- check for example

Jean-Michel

Reply to
Jean-Michel Friedt

Yes, it does, doesn't it?