Re: A minimally moderated versionof this newsgroup

you're

No John...I guess some people would rather do it than just endlessly talk about it ;-)

Reply to
Baphomet

Right. I've know a lot of wonderful Texans; my favorite person in my life, a lady surgeon and psychiatrist, now deceased, was from Galveston. If all ol' Rog does is watch Western reruns on TV, and hasn't actually spent any time there, he doesn't know the facts, and is just spouting prejudices. Texans are as likely to be gay non-observant Jewish programmers as bible-thumping Creationists.

John

The best thing we can do with domestic oil and gas is leave it in the ground for when we really need it. Let's buy up all the foreign stuff while it's cheap.

John

you're

Let's see now, first I'm an overbearing military would be dictator and now I'm a limp wrested pussy!

Jonny, Jonny, if you're going to be silly and abusive, at least be consistently silly and abusive.

As for typing the word "f*ck" (derivation, Latin, Fugio, to travel or to do), well, I guess I just did, but most of the time I don't find it necessary.

Anyway, why all this h*mo-phobic stuff? I'm becoming convinced you are a closet gay, Jonny. Apparently, it's one of the signs.

And Jonny, you have no "good stuff".

John Fortier

Reply to
John Fortier

Absolutely 0/10

Jonny, do you have any idea at all just how childish that sounds?

So pathetic and pitiful.

Reply to
John Fortier

And you were hoping it would be yours? How would anyone know it was in?

OK, now I'm starting to sink to Jonny's level, but it was such a straight man line, I had to say it!

Jonny, you should realise that if you lay yourself open like that, you'll get ridiculed.

And please come back with something a bit more inventive than grade school potty mouth stuff.

Reply to
John Fortier

For the record, I did not mention JF - I was discussing Texans in general, and my positive experiences in the specific - and certainly know nothing of his personal religious or thumping preferences.

John

fool!

No.

"If a dog talks, one is amazed that it does it at all, not that it does it well"

Reply to
John Fortier

and then this is for you

Baphomet

Which is true of just about anywhere in the Western World, these days, although the southern United States does seem to have more than it's fair share of Bible thumpers. The fact that poor old Jonny comes from Texas is really neither here nor there, and it would be better if those of us who oppose his bombastic and scurrilous behaviour were to drop references to the lone star state.

Actually, I've met good people everywhere I've traveled, which is, to put it mildly, widely. I've also met bombastic, scurrilous numbskulls who insult their own intelligence with every utterance.

Young Jonny isn't unique. He's just inflicted on us. To call him a typical Texan is an insult to the State of Texas.

And for those who like to bring up the fact that Enron was a Texan company, so is Texas Instrument, who have been forthright about their problems and are sorting them out. And would anyone like to claim that TI make poor product?

I just feel sorry for the other people who work at Austin Instruments.

John Fortier

Reply to
John Fortier

--
If a pig writes, his surname must be Fortier.
Reply to

like

does.

A really wierd mental picture just popped up: John fields giving a sermon!

Sorry, John, and I know it probably has no grounding in reality, but the thought of Larkin's language in a church just boggles the mind!

Come tothink of it, I wonder how he behaves in business meetings.

John Fortier

Reply to
John Fortier

--
Because you wouldn't be able to speak since it would be stuck in your
throat.

Next...
Reply to
John Fields

--
Uh-huh...

No doubt you think they'd be better off "moderated" by you?
Reply to
John Fields

--
Come on Sarge, isn't a little early in the day to be drinking?

Read your post again and see if you can decipher who you're talking
about.
Reply to
John Fields

I'm a bit surprised that a bible thumping creationist (your definition) like Fields would use the kind of foul and abusive language as freely as he does. As the song goes, "He's drifting too far from the shore".

Reply to
Baphomet

For the record, John Fields and I are *not* the same person.

John L.

No, just not bullied by you!

Reply to
Baphomet

--------------- Ah, no, that's NOT "f*ck"'s derivation.

And Fugio means "to flee", NOT "travel" or "do", as in "tempus fugit".

Fuck has its origin in germanic, not latinate lingua. See "figgen" in Deutsch.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!

Your fantasies are your own affair, but the picture is one that you will have to continue to conjure out of your own imagination. I'm afraid that my own sexual fanatasies are boringly hetrosexual.

------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman