Re: A bunch of questions about antennas and plasma ball experiments

3) If touch the plasma ball and a grounded source, I get shocked (not the

> static kind, the current kind).

Well you shouldn't get a shock. I assume we are talking about a decorative plasma lamp designed for use in the home? (eg not some home made ball lightening experiment!) Perhaps you should contact the trading standards association because this sounds like a product recall issue?

Reply to
CWatters

If I am to believe

the AC field is at ~25 kHz, meaning you will need a VLF (read, large/long) antenna for decent efficiency. Otherwise I believe loop antennas should be the most efficient alternative when the size of the antenna is much smaller than the wavelength (in the case of the loop, you will be using the H field instead of E).

because the impedance of the LED is far too low compared to that of the antenna ?

Jean-Michel

Reply to
Jean-Michel Friedt