Questions about Ensoniq Audio Pci sound card.

Hi

I have just buy a used Ensoniq Audiopci 1370, it's print on the components side; partno: 4001036901 rev f, Audio Pci 1000 , Ensoniq 1997.

And on the other side, on a white sticker ; E233014 AudioPci 9716

6000566 assyno: 01 REV: E , assemble in USA.

Is it the old and genuine Ensoniq card made by Ensoniq (not Soundblaster) ?

There's 3 female jack on the side of the board, one green plug have an arrow ---> , the other a black plug an arrow

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

Howdy!

components

That's Creative Labs, and yes, YOUR card is before the BORG.

Lime Green = Line Out, Black = Line In.

The Lime Green = Line Out is a standard, BTW.

"And where do I plug the cdrom cable, on j6-cd audio in ..." Seems like you answered your own question.

Unless it fits "j7-TV Tuner-IDE-Sony CD" in. Then use that.

J8 - "Telephone Answering Device I/O" won't work.

RwP

Reply to
Ralph Wade Phillips

The arrow pointing out is line out (green). The one with the arrow pointing in is line in (black). I have my CD input on the tuner-ide-sony cd. That is the one that works with the mixer software I have. I think it depends on the software. Gateway used the OEM version of the one I have so I was able to find some information in the support section of their website.

Reply to
dennis

You'd have to look at the sound chip to be sure, but it sounds like you have a pre-takeover card from when Ensoniq was still Ensoniq. If the ASIC has the 'CREATIVE' name on it, then it was made after the takeover.

FWIW: I use a pair of these cards in two different systems. They're excellent workhorses... simple, efficient, good sound.

Green is line out, black is line in. That's a color standard, BTW, that should apply to any PC type sound card.

You answered your own question. If it's a CD-ROM, wouldn't you agree it should go to CD audio in?

Creative Labs

drivers may or may not work for it. Windows 2000 Pro supports the card natively, without need for any additional drivers.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)