Power, frequency and data rate from Mars to Earth transmission

What is the RF power, frequency and data rate of the transmission from Mars to Earth ?

Reply to
<W Hz>

In article , mentioned...

The data rate of one of the deep space satellites - I don't remember which but it may have been Voyager - for the omni antenna, was only 40 bits per second. And that was really difficult to dig out of the noise, requiring cyro cooled receivers and integrators to get rid of the noise. And the high gain directional antenna was something like

1200 bits per second, again with great receiving difficulty. Usually the ground based receivers required a huge dish like the ones at Goldstone. Hey, you'd be a weak signal, too, if you travelled a couple hundred million miles!!

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

I went to

and was immediately redirected to some kind of marketting blurb-video for "M2K4". After waiting for that to download on my phone line, I got to
which links to a number of wannabe sound bytes with no more information than you would get from a decent picture.

The site is aimed at American public school teachers and students, so I guess the details are irrelevant. Perhaps the facts are irrelevent, too.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kilzer

I left a post the other day with the data rates, and some URLs that gave them. The fallback mode data rates were 32 and 7 bits per second, but I read that they are now comm'ing at 120 bps. The direct to earth xmissions were between 3500 and 12000 bits per second. Here's an article about it.

http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
Subject: line with other stuff.  alondra101  hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar