phone cct

Can anyone explain how I can make a telephone ring without being connected to the telephone lin. This is for a play.

Thanks

Reply to
grod

It takes a relatively high AC voltage (~100V) on the telephone line to make it ring. This can be dangerous without special precautions.

Consider playing the sound of a phone ringing through the same mechanism you are using for the other sound effects.

You can rent/buy boxes that will make phones ring (made just for theatrical purposes like yours). Or you may be able to borrow one from a theatre company in your area?

You didn't state your budget (if any) and lead-time until you need it. (And availability of electronics expertiese for possible construction.)

Reply to
Richard Crowley

google for "ring generator" and wire it up

Reply to
Rein Wiehler

In article , snipped-for-privacy@videotron.ca mentioned...

Here are schematis for two different ring generators.

gif

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar