packing swappable CD drive from laptop in bubble wrap (static risk?)

I plan on getting a laptop in the near future and may need to swap peripherals such as the CD drive. Is it safe to wrap these type of plug-in laptop peripherals in bubble wrap to protect them in my laptop bag? I am concerned with static and preventing physical damage.

Reply to
Sanjay Punjab

I suppose. Get the pink ones that are antistatic, or make a bag, an line it with AS foil bag.

Reply to
Gary Tait