OT (U.S. Citizens Only) Christmas Lights Plug Problem

I've got a lighted reindeer with an intermittent AC plug... one of those dudes with the fuse in the plug... touch the plug and the lights go on... move it slightly, they go out.

I can't figure out how to open it up. Anyone know the combination?

I'm about to just cut the damned thing off, but then it's a trip to the hardware store.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Finally managed to get the fuse door to slide open (really old, probably 10 years).

End cap fell off of one fuse... thus the strange intermittent :-(

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, but what about the wheels on the big tabletop?

--
Joe Legris
Reply to

Also solved, but not yet built: triangular-shaped, carpet-lined pocket, with a set of wheels on the closed corner, like a very gangly wheelbarrow... based on a suggestion by a poster here.

...Jim Thompson

Sounds a bit like carrying plywood with partner who doesn't have the strength to keep his end vertical. You don't want to add a strut. How about a pocket on each end with a bungee cord in between to hold them on. And don't use casters :-)

--
Joe Legris
Reply to

In article , snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid mentioned...

So now you have to make a trip to Rat Shack for the flooze. ;-)

I saw LED Xmas tree lights at the store for the first time this year. Three or 4 times the price of incandescents. But hey, they're cool!

You said that spammers would go overseas, and they couldn't be prosecuted. Well, read this story.

@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
Subject: line with other stuff.  alondra101  hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

Interesting article. In looking over some weblogs, I noticed that the Windows O.S. accounted for about 85% of the worldwide traffic (4% Linux - here we go with another Windoze flame war :-). Given that Microsoft is primarily responsible for the ubiquitous presence of the computer in homes and businesses globally, I think Microsoft is displaying a great deal of corporate responsibility (although some might suggest it is somewhat self serving) in cooperating with the South Korean authorities, to help combat internet fraud.

Happy holidays all!

Reply to
Baphomet

Have you tried to rotate the prong 90 degrees?

Reply to
JeffM

The fuse door wouldn't. Finally I pushed on it with a force I figured would break it. It opened. One fuse had a floating end cap, thus the weird intermittency.

...Jim Thompson