Optical mouse hacking :)

Hi group,

I tried an aqua LED on that cheap Logitech optical rodent, and it worked fine :)

Anyone else tried this?

(also there is an annoying fault on these where the right hand button goes flaky, this is fixable by adding a small washer underneath the right hand PCB support).

For my next trick.. Colour changing or UV LED. :)

-A

Reply to
Andre

No but it seems a reasonable enough thing to try... If this is an "any surface" mouse then the circuit inside probably has a lot of AGC built into it - so if you fit a brighter/weaker LED the AGC will probably adjust itself to accommodate the difference ok. Let us know if a UV LED works - it might not be compatible with the receiver.

Reply to
CWatters

OK will do :)

-A