New Age "wine enhancement"

"Our trade secret, proprietary design creates a harmonically balanced resonate frequency that affects the water molecules structure"

Proving, again, that science doesn't have all the answers...

-- Rich

Reply to
RichD

LOL..

"It is composed of a combination of organic (epoxy) and non-organic non-magnetic metals (copper and others) placed in a matrix with various crystals (12) also known for their specific vibrational frequencies. "

Which begs the question .... Are there any organic magnetic metals? or is this "organic" in the sense that pesticides _were_ used to grow the copper?

Reply to
CWatters

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uncle Al

BS, BS, BS, BS

Reply to
Lawrence Leichtman

It also proves that whoever wrote that web page has no idea about grammar, spelling or punctuation.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Their trade secret describes a magnetron oven!!!???

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

well... organic usually means having carbon in it's molecule - steel has some and it is magnetic - my goodness! I think the OP has something here ;o)

Reply to
feebo

Carbon steel is a mixture, it's not part of the molecule. So doesn't count.

That said, there are molecules that contain a metal atom, and a carbon (among others) but the properties are changed so much it isn't the just the sum of it's parts anymore. It's something different altogether.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

"Organic" usually implies carbon-carbon bonds, which excludes simple compounds like carbon dioxide and metallic carbides. Of course, writers of marketing bullshit don't know than and wouldn't care.

What really irritates me is hippie types who throw "organic" around to imply that a growing plant can tell the difference between ammonia (which is inorganic) from cow urine and ammonia from a Haber-process plant. These same people usually look puzzled when you point out that most of the deadliest toxins are not only organic, but biological products.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

sounds like a computer circuit, epoxy and copper PCB. abd quartz crystals known to oscillate at certain frequencies (frequencies that are typically printed on the case) only problem is I think the case is zinc plated steel,

:) copper is a funguicide...

--
Bye.
   Jasen
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jasen

Rich,

This is typical. If you had something - anything! - of substance that supports your position you'd have stated it. But since you don't, all that's left is insults.

I'll humor you for the moment. That page claims the product can improve the taste of wine basically via osmosis, right through the glass bottle without contacting the wine itself. To wit, "The resonance occurs right through the glass." I'd love to hear you explain how this can happen. Please be specific! Extra points if you can explain what "resonance" has to do with the process.

--Ethan

Reply to
Ethan Winer

Show a little sympathy. He is probably unemployed from the Consumer Sales industry where he sold monster cables until they became totally debunked.

I enjoy good wines, the industry of which already has it's share of quacks, and I think one more shouldn't hurt too much. It ranks with teaching that the wine glass should be held by two fingers on the rim of the base and then held up as though it were a dirty diaper.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

...or, they may just be in the same place in their own little oddly folded time space manifolds. ;-)

Later...

Ron Capik

Reply to
Ron Capik

Yes! ;-)

But seriously, I think they built in some faulty logic which allows, for example, that a noise burst (local or galactic) that is detected in two different places at the same instant, is proof that it actually "exists" at each location, rather than each being an energy copy of the other. In my example, I assume equal distance between the source and the two receiving locations so there is no conflict with General Relativity.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Don,

LOL, he started it with, "you are thick witted bastards."

--Ethan

Reply to
Ethan Winer

oh then I guess light can't heat a bottle of liquid, right through the glass!

You scientists, such skeptics! Drink some grape, open your mind!

waves resonate...light, sound... do you know what resonate means?

-- Rich

Reply to
RichD

Science answers utilitarian questions, not religious ones.

Reply to
Karl Uppiano

Rich,

Okay, so you're saying this device heats the wine through the bottle? I suppose that's possible (though they don't claim that), but wouldn't heat then ruin the wine?

I'm still waiting for your explanation. Not a side story about heat, but a direct explanation of how this particular product works and what it does specifically to the wine's chemical composition.

As an electronic engineer, musician, and acoustician, I most certainly do know what resonance is. But obviously it's just a buzz word to you. Here's a clue - waves don't resonate. :->)

--Ethan

Reply to
Ethan Winer

Not to be too pedantic, Ethan, but -- given the wave-particle duality of QM -- how else to characterize a phenomenon such as NMR?

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ:  http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com
Reply to

All those things we call subatomic particles or photons are in fact nothing more than mathematical descriptions of certain limited aspects of the behaviour of the universe at a small scale. The concept of what they "are" is entirely meaningless in any sort of terms we could try to understand.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Reply to
Don Pearce