My PCB-making webpage will be mentioned on a TV show!

---------------------------------

Re: My PCB-making webpage will be mentioned on a TV show!

Dear Everyone,

Interesting news!

My printed circuit board webpage

is going to be mentioned on a TV show! I got a call, a few months ago, from a writer for the Saturday morning television program called "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High".

The episode that he was writing would require the characters to be able to fabricate a printed circuit board (PCB), using a more-or-less believable method. He found my webpage with an internet search and then telephoned me. We had a very nice long chat. (Interesting guy!) And I gave him a procedure that the characters might use to make a pcb, with only what they had on hand, i.e. no blank pcbs.

The episode, entitled "Brainwaves", should air sometime in October,

2003. According to the script page that was sent to me, a character will say that they need to make a "Gootee Board", and will mention that it is "named after Tom Gootee, who posted the instructions on the internet"! Finally!! My fifteen seconds of fame!! Cool, huh?! Maybe I should install a hit-counter on the webpage, again, just to see what happens, after that. (Ok. They don't actually mention the URL. But it should be enough that a web search will very-easily find it.)

So check your local TV listings! "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High" is a non-animated Saturday morning show about a science class at a high school, which airs on NBC (at 11 AM CST, here). It is a half-hour drama/comedy series "where science fiction meets science fact". The sharp-witted teen characters are "complex, yet believable", and are challenged with "high stakes, mystery-laden adventures". Besides entertaining, and resonating with, the target audience, the show also educates, "by encouraging kids to look at their world and ask the questions... "Why?" and "How?"". So check it out!

Regards,

Tom

Thomas P. (Tom) Gootee

snipped-for-privacy@fullnet.com

(Good used Electronic Test Equipment and Service Manuals)

---------------------------------

Reply to
Thomas P. Gootee

I used the clay-covered paper trick (cheap!) that you detailed on your site.

Got a good deal on some Tektronics PG501s from you too.

Reply to
JeffM

In article , snipped-for-privacy@fullnet.com mentioned...

Aren't you glad your name isn't like Filip "I'll buy a vowel" Gieszczykiewicz who used to post here, and helped bring us the great source of info at

??

BTW, I cut and pasted that; I could never get it right, off the top of my head. :-/

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###