motor driver

I have a semi-simple question: I'm building a 2 axis gimble type setup for my potato gun. I want to use an old atari joystick, it has 4 spst switches, and to switch directions I planned on just switching the wires. but this would cause it to short out. Being a poor college student, I was wondering if someone had a easy to do this with spending very little cash.

I was also looing into getting a joystick for an arcade machine. but this also have spst switches.

I'm almost done with it, this is just about the only thing holding me up.

Reply to
Jeff Zimmerman