Modified kitchen oven for reflow ?

Anyone having experience, or links, regarding the use of a modified kitchen oven as a small reflow oven for prototypes ? I'm wondering if adding a good temperature controller and a air cycling system could give good results or not. Any ideas ?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

I would tend to believe an over like that, without an inert atmosphosphere, would badly oxidize your solder even before reflow could take place.

For solder reflow on unpopulated boards I've always used ordinary peanut oil, heated in a pan, for prototypes. Doesn't work as well as a solder leveling machine, but then too it's a lot less costly.

Just be careful. Hot peanut oil can really produce a really nasty burn. Use gloves eye protection.

By the way, I'm assuming that you're just trying to reflow a solder plated board, not trying to solder on SMDs.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Try using a TOASTER OVEN !!!!...