Minimal write-only slave PCI board?

Hi! I'd like to make a PCB for a minimal, write-only slave PCI board, just to output some data.

I thought about the following, to reach the "minimal" goal:

Use only addresses, do not perform a full data write cycle.

If I choose an address range, e.g.:

0xABCDxxxx where ABCD addresses the board, and xxxx is my data, by intercepting the 0xABCD part of the PCI bus I may latch the rest of the address, that will be my data.

At the PC side, it will mean that any write at the address

0xABCDxxxx will send the data xxxx to my board.

Is this doable?

What should I do/need exactly to implement the above?

Thanks a lot!! Mike

Reply to
Mike