Measuring electrical potential in water question?

Greetings All,

I'm trying to measure the difference in electrical potential in water between the outer surface and the inner section. Is this possible, if so what equipment would I need, and where could I get this equipment?

Thanks

Reply to
<-=smeak=-

I have a feeling you are asking about the pH of water. Most all liquids can have their pH level measured.

Read the link below for some basic details.

pH meters can be purchased from most suppliers of scientific test instruments. Be prepared to lay out a good number of dollars for even a basic one that is 1/2 discent.

Jerry Greenberg

 wrote in message
> Greetings All,
>
> I'm trying to measure the difference in electrical potential in water between
the outer surface and
> the inner section.  Is this possible, if so what equipment would I need, and
where could I get this equipment?

> Thanks
Reply to
Jerry Greenberg

between the outer surface and

and where could I get this equipment?

Another option is maybe to search on "Oxidation-Reduction potential (ORP)" meters. They're standard pieces of water test equipment and not expensive.

Reply to
John Jardine