maytag series 1000 dryer

I have a 1989 maytag series 1000 stackable. The dyer finally stopped heating up. I was told by a repairman that I needed a new heating element. Had it replaced and also had machine and all the vents cleaned, which had not been done for a very long time. Since the repair, periodically and sometimes every day the 7E error shows up on the led panel. This never happened before iin the 17 years I have used this dryer only after the new heating element was put in. I also replaced the two circuit breakers for the machines. When the 7E appears I reset the breakers and can run the dryer again for the rest of its cycle. I have also noticed that since the heating element was replaced the clothes are frequently extremely hot when I take them out of the dryer. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much.

Reply to
pmi

If the breaker never tripped before, I would suspect an incorrect element or incorrect wiring of the element.

John

Reply to
news

--
Just a guess, but I'd suspect a defective thermostat or whatever's
being used to control the element's temperature, or maybe a slow