Marine GPS repair

I have a Lowrance Globalnav310 in for repair. The fault doesnt seem to be much of a problem but it defies me to even open up the case. The only way in that i can figure is almost certainly going to seiously compomise its water resistance. therefore making it virtualy useless for the job its designed to do. The manual downloadable from the Lowrance site was as expected an "how to plug it in and what buttons to press thing", hence useless! It is of course way out of guarantee and marine electronics companies are notorious for the line "we dont support our old product lines. would you like to buy a new one?" has anyone any suggestions? thanks in advance

Alan

Reply to
Alan Springthorpe

Symptoms?

Sometimes, re-flashing it may be enough to get these working.

-A

Reply to
Andre