Looking for a UK source of 1.7mm or 8BA screws.

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a UK supplier that sells small cheesehead and countersunk screws, together with lock-washers and nuts, with either

1.7mm or 8BA thread?

None of our usual distributors (Farnell, R.S., Rapid or Maplin) seem to stock anything smaller than 2mm. I'm probably after around 100 or so pieces of each (6mm-12mm long screws), preferably in either nickel-plated steel or brass.

TIA - Dave

--
David C.Chapman - (dcchapman@minda.co.uk)
David Chapman

Greenweld do 1/4" 8ba steel bolts (and nuts and washers) in 100s

For brass you are probably best looking at model railway sources e.g:-

Geo
Reply to
Geo

Forgot to suggest also asking in uk.rec.model.engineering (very friendly bunch).

--
Geo
Reply to

Many thanks for that useful information.

ATB - Dave