LFCSP (QFN16) - to - DIP adapter

I am currently working on my Honours project for Electrical Engineering and I am working with ADXL323 accelerometers.

These come in an LFCSP package (16 pads) which is apperently the same as QFN16.

With the facilities available to me I am unable to solder this IC onto a PCB and therefore I would like to know if it is possible to obtain an adapter (such as a QFN16-to-DIP adapter)?

So far I have not been successful in finding a company who can supply such a device.

Thanks.

Reply to
hbennie

We had a couple of threads recently about soldering these - it is perfectly possible with minimal equipment. Alternatively there are other parts in the range that do have evaluation boards available - these are tiny and could be used as "components".

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I've soldered a similar accelerometer to a home-made PCB successfully, it wasn't very difficult.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

We have an adapter for using the ADXL323 (LFCSP 16) in (CLCC 8). Since all the signals are routed with VIA, you can just solder wire on hole directly. Use the contact form if this will work for you. Thanks.

linnix

Checkout sparkfun.com, they have them mounted on breakout boards. Of course you pay a little more:

I don't see the ADXL323 but they do have others, 202, 320, 321, 322 etc...

Reply to
blarggstar

If you glue it to a board upside down, you can probably solder wires on (with sufficient practice). I do this with LFCSPs, see the link below. Note that you will probably need to use a magnifier or ideally a binocular microscope.

The holes in the background are on 0.1 inch spacing.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones