Japanese Manufacturers

Are there any Japanese companies that still manufacture televisions in Japan? Seems to me like quality might have suffered when those companies moved the actual manufacturing offshore. Would appreciate your opinions. mj

Reply to
mj

Opinions are cheap, so what the heck ... here's mine: Lots of stuff has been moved to places like Mainland China, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Some stuff has been moved to weird places like the U.S. (i.e. Sony's CRT plant in southwest PA). The global economy drives the decisions, or so we are led to believe. Some of the decisions are obscured by hidden agendas and politics. An interesting note: Canon (Japan) has recently offered a SLR digital camera that's built in Taiwan for the rest of the world but built in Japan for the Japanese market because the Japanese would not buy it otherwise. Quality? Heck, quality can be from anywhere. Economics seems to be the real issue. I could go on but you are probably getting sleepy!

Reply to
Charles Schuler