Is a pump a resistive or inductive load?

I've got one of these pumps in a rainwater harvesting tank.

Currently it plugs into a socket but I'd like to put it on a time clock so we can set it to water the garden while we are away. The pump data says it draws 1100W / 5.3A but

Q1: does anyone know if this would present an inductive load?

5A is probably too much for most central heating timers so I'll probably have to use a relay. I'd hate for the contacts to weld themselves closed as it would cause between 4,000 and 6,000 liters or water to be dumped on the vegtables!

Q2: Are there any clever tricks that can be used to fail safe a relay? Two relay contacts in series perhaps?

Reply to
CWatters