Interesting Letter-to-the-Editor

Interesting Letter-to-the-Editor:

...Jim Thompson

Frankly, the author was probably incorrect by branding it 'covert racism.' The examples of racism were 'overt', but acceptable because ethics standards are so very low for the American leftists. Here in the US, it is too often politically okay for our leftists to day-to-day espouse THE MOST racist claims.

Amongst a reasonably nice group of people, those racist claims by the leftists would certainly cause raised eyebrows. The movement of the American left to encompass the most trashy people (not just dissident), is only one minor indicator of their loss of values and any reasonable ethical/moral guidance.

Hopefully, the Democrats will clean up their act before they ascend to greater political control of the nation. (It is pretty obvious that the chosen candidates for BinLaden, NK, Iran, Saddam would be a Democrat over a GOPer.

John

Reply to
John S. Dyson

Aw, Jim, you dissapoint me. Posting such off-topic stuff, trying to stir up an argument.

You oughta be on one of the newsgroups just made for that stuff. Of course you mightn't be able to handle the fit hitting the shan. And besides, we don't need to stir up the resident kooks, especially over the holidays. :-O

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:
F o d d e r

f o r

s t u p i d

n o t

e n o u g h

i n c l u d e d

t e x t

m s g

Reply to
Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

Hear, hear.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
Reply to

ha, what about the latest computer terms "Master", "slave" uproar from California. I figured you'd mention that as well.

Martin Riddle

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:24:38 GMT, "Martin Riddle" Gave us:

California.

What about all of the top posting retards in usenet that don't have the first clue as to how to make a correct post?

Reply to
DarkMatter

Sigh...

I'm glad you have a right to express your opinion. Free speech is one of the most important rights we have. Its really one of the cool things about the internet, and usenet in particular.

However, this is an electronics newsgroup. I read this because I like electronics. If you care about the rights of others, you might wish to refrain from posting this kind of inflammatory rhetoric here, or on sci.electronics.design. Some of us would simply rather not hear it, or have to plough through the firestorm that these kinds of postings generate.

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Robert Monsen

I agree 100 percent. Shame on you, Jim.

--
http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/electronics/databank.htm
Subject: line with other stuff.  alondra101  hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@

Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

It's funny that conservative / right of centrists always get the bum rap for being for being quasi fascistic demagogues. Who, I ask you, are more totalitarian and demagogic than the P.C. thought police, who are by and large liberal / left of centrist?

Reply to
Baphomet

the

have

Bob -

With all due respect, you shouldn't feel pressured to enter the fray should you decide that it's not your cup of tea. You can passively observe, ignore the thread completely, or [[alt][ctrl][d]] the whole thread as you see fit.

As an aside, I notice that your weren't shy about jumping into a similar political thread on sci.electronics.design as well you should. I happen to enjoy these threads for several reasons, not the least of which is because it breaks the utter tedium of an exacting physical discipline like electronic design. Also, it demonstrates that engineers and techies are not the boring monodimensional supercool automatons that the uninitiated believe us to be.

Reply to
Baphomet

The whole topic of real racism has been so skewed, I think its hard to get an accurate view.

Facts that represent differences in humans isn't racism. Like the one on black baseball players. In my experience, black people tolerate heat better than white people. They are black to begin with to protect their skin from sun in hot climates in which their ancestors lived. Living in a mixed community for years, I was often too hot to do anything, yet my black friends were fine. On the other hand, when it was 50F and I was still in a t-shirt, my black friends were in winter coats. Racism, no, just fact. Humans are diverse and developed in diverse regions. OF COURSE we will be different. Its not racism to notice. Samoans are huge, people with ancestry from mountanous regions are barrel chested. Women are more sensitive. To notice isn't racism, only to hate for it is. I won't be bullied into ignoring diversity, we are NOT all the same and its just fine by me.

California.

Reply to
Brian

No, I am a boring monodimensional supercool automaton. But I'm cute, too.

the

should

ignore

fit.

not

believe

Reply to
Brian

the

should

ignore

fit.

not

believe

Yes, you are right. I was lured into the fray in sci.electronics.design despite my best intentions to remain neutral. I've since subscribed to alt.politics.bush as an outlet for these tendencies. :)

Best Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Robert Monsen

of

because

alt.politics.bush eh? I'll have to check that out ;-) NOTE to myself "And would you mind telling me where the hell the [alt] command came from above?" It should be [[ctrl][d]]

Reply to
Baphomet
[snip]

Aaaawwww! I feel *so* ashamed

...Jim Thompson

You are right on!

...Jim Thompson

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:23:45 -0600, "Brian" Gave us:

No. You are a top posting Usenet retard.

You probably starred in that film "Total Retard".

Reply to
DarkMatter

My heart be still. Now if you were only dumb and blond too [sigh] :-)

Happy Thanksgiving all!

snip...snip...snip...

Reply to
Baphomet

The "racism" by the left that is really of concern is much more subtle and insidious than the article implies.

I am convinced that the reason for the blockade by liberal minded folks against non-white judges is due to the fact that they cannot risk allowing successful minorities to get into positions of judicial power where they can tell criminally charged minorities that the root cause of their problems is not oppression by whites but their own personal irresponsibility.

The very fact of successful minorities is the one that the people of liberal views want to suppress in order to preserve their power base which heavily depends upon pandering to those who want to blame others for their failure rather than to work hard and earn success. I even think they are trying to pull in normally successful minorities such as Asians into their delusion. Note that it is never the case to hear it mentioned in the media that Chinese and Japanese families earn more than whites on average in the USA, though this fact was spelled out plainly in a sociology text that I browsed a few years ago. But it doesn't fit the plan so well, so it isn't spoken. Rather, all you hear is the minorities=lower income than whites mantra repeated ad nauseum.

I don't really believe that most people with liberal politics are overt racists in the sense of fitting the dictionary definition. I believe they want power, and some of them are willing to try to hype an illusion of a society pervaded by racism in order to get power. Then again, I think some conservatives are willing to engage in similar manipulations in order to gain power.

Thus, I find most of what I see happening in politics disgusting, and it repels me from wanting to participate. There is a dangerous polarization into increasingly extreme liberal and conservative camps taking place here in the USA, leaving us moderate folks high and dry. When we are no longer calling each other "people" but only "liberals" and "conservatives" then we are in grave danger.

Good day!

P.S. I am *not* a liberal, conservative, independent, or any other sort of political or ideological identity. I am a human, from a place called Earth, that is all.

--
Christopher R. Carlen