Inductor with a Magnet

The core in the coil may screw up and down OR the magnet may in a rotatable clip (unlikely in your item) OR there may be another coil in series with this one. Review the horizontal deflection circuits of as many TVs and monitors as you can find and you will see it is a very common component.

-- Graham W

XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

In news:6wasb.7090$ snipped-for-privacy@wards.force.net (Graham W):

A customer called in today, storms went through her area and both her TV and monitor are hosed. The TV's image is "pinched," and the monitor's image is "skewed" and "all color-banded like the old TV's were."

What do you think... electrical damage, or EMI magnetization?

;)

Reply to
Mark Jones

In article , "Mark Jones" mentioned...

I think she'd be better off with a flat panel display. :-O

Try the degaussing coil and if that doesn't fix it, then it seems to be something more serious.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###