How do I reset Epson Ink Cartridge?

I have an Epson C41UX and the damn thing zips thru ink cartridges and now I learn that it may not even be using all the ink in the tank.

My local suppliers are happy to refil and reset this chip but at a cost that exceeds a cheapy no name.

ANyone know of a way I can reset these chips myself?

I know the standard disclaimers on using non genuine inks and their potential for damage but I've already spent more on cartriges than the printer and I'm not all that happy with the printer anyway so I'm happy to run it into the ground. I won't be buying Epson again!

Any help appreciated

-- ANTISPAM Not Jibberd but jross

Reply to
Jibberd

In article , snipped-for-privacy@senet.com.au mentioned...

You can buy a kit that has the reset device and refill ink. One source is H.T. 'Tom' Orr, Computer Supplies at (800)-377-2023.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS?   Check HERE First:###

-- ANTISPAM Not Jibberd but jross

Reply to
Jibberd

Computer Friends sells refill kits for Epson (and others). Some of the Epson kits include a hardware resetter that is PC/Mac driven.

I don't have a printer with chipped cartridges, so I can't comment on the resetter. However, I've used their Epson and Lexmark refills for over a year and they work well. I don't consider their HP refill kit to be even half as good as the others, but that may be related to the way HP cartridges are made.

More about me:

VB3/VB6/NSBasic Palm/C/PowerBasic source code:
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras:
johnecarter at@at mindspring dot.dot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Reply to
the Wiz

Thanks to all responses to my original post, I got quite a few good leads and will be following them up.

Here are the links that have been passed along to me for the benefit of those who didn't see the responses in other newsgroups or those just see this thread now for the first time.

Regards.......John