How can I convert SPDIF to EFM (RF) signal ?

Hello

A friend of mine do have a kenwood DP-460 cd player with a dead laser, it was a very good sounding cd player, he ask me to modified this kenwood into a DAC.

So, to use a SPDIF signal, the only thing I should need to do should be to use a SPDIF to EFM (RF) signal convertor ?

I presume that the converted signal, after SPDIF to EFM (RF) convertion, should go to pin 29 of the TC9200AF data processor Ic ?

Any simple circuits suggestions for convertion of SPDIF to EFM (RF) signal and how to use it ?

Btw, using google, I can not find anywhere the data sheet for the TC9200AF and the TC9201AF, anyone do have them ?

Here is the link to a part of the schematic of the kenwood DP-460 cd player.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to