How burned dvd who can be played by older DVD players.

Hi

I have a year 2000 toshiba 6 disc dvd player, it can't play my burned cd-r, I presume it will be same with burned dvd, is there a brand/model of dvd-r virgin disc that I can use for burn copy who can be played by older dvd players like mine ?

Excuse my english, I'm french Speaking.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

Berniez

You may find that your DVD player will play CD-RW. I find I could play CD-RW disks on my old DVD player. Some of the older DVD players are not designed to play CD-R disks. Check the manual that came with the DVD player.

Regards Brian

Reply to
Brian

In about the year 2000 to about 2003, there were a number of DVD and CD player models that would only play silver pressed DVD's and silver pressed CD-R disks. This was done on purpose by a number of manufactures as a deterrent to prevent the copying and distribution of music that should not be given away for free.

Today, this is all changed, because these companies soon realized that they were not selling very many of these machines.

--

Jerry G.
======