help with Rotary Phone

Hi, hoping someone can help me out here.

I have a rotary phone from the 70s or 80s, and it doesn't seem to work with dsl line filters at all.

My newer phones have no problem and it sounds good... So, is there something else I could try to get the fuss and hiss to stop? The phone's not defective. It's just old

Thanks kurtis snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Kurtis

Hey Kurtis,

I just Googled this 'cause I have clients with rotary phones (retro vogue , like Carrie in Sex and the City , one guy loves the old ring.) This site says you need a different type of filter.

"if you have a wall-mounted phone or an older rotary phone, you must buy a different type of filter." Hmmm is this because of the transformer in these older phones?

Let me know.

Richard

Reply to
Richard