HELP SONY CDP-XE800 failure

Hallo from Poland - sorry for errors in my english !!! I have a problem with SONY CD-player CDP-XE800. After some basic mechanism cleaning. The player stop working. Firstly the sound was very silent - MUTING was always ON. I tried to find what happend - after fer voltage measurements (I am sure I did not make any shorts and ESD discharges) the player stopped to respond on load/eject knob - it displays "OPEN", "PLAY" etc but the load and sled motors are not working and the laser does not lid. There is a chip controlling o/c motor - LB1641 and it has zener diode 4,7V connected to pin 4 - it sets the motor operating voltage - and there is 0,7V on that diode. I exchanged the diode and the LB1641 - no result (only the diode voltage is now 1,7V). The LB1641 is controlled by the main processor directly with 2 pins - combination of "0" and "1" on that pins sets the turning direction - and there is "1" on both pins (and on the processor terminals also) - that is "braeking" state for motor. Also the other processor ports driving sled motor and laser (focus etc) and MUTE are set HIGH. That leads me to conclusion - the main processor is failed. But the dac chip (CXD8505BQ) is hot and the audio processor is slightly hot - so I am not sure - maybe the failure is in another component or circuit - not in the processor itself. So I decided to write to your forum - maybe someone did already have similar problem and will be able to help me. I will be gratefull for any suggestions. Best Regards Andrzej Stelmach Poland

Reply to
Andrzej Stelmach