Help Required Pls --- L297 / L298 Stepper Drive.

Dear Group,

The question I have is how

I am trying to workout the pinout of a 16 way connector. This connector connects to a board that drive's three L297 / L298 stepper drivers.

Could anyone explain to me the best procedure to find out what pin(s) connect to what stepper driver and there function?

The reason I require this is due to the fact that the stepper drivers are driven from an internal control board and I wish to bi-pass this board and run them from a PC parallel port with step/dir.

16 way connector (logic) | - - - - | |--------------- Stepper Drive X |--------------- Stepper Drive Y |--------------- Stepper Drive Z Stepper > | Back Plane

TIA Steve.

Reply to
SME