HELP:Low-pass filter on frequency counter

Hi all, I have to made some measurements with a frequency counter (model VC3165) on low frequencies (up to 60 Hz) .I know that in case of low frequency measurements a low-pass filter is needed in order to obtain stable and precise readings. My frequency counter has only an AC/DC button (to be used with a low-pass filter as said in the service manual) but it doesn't have an integrated low-pass filter (many counters have it).

I built some simple RC filter ( using a resisitor and a capacitor) with various cut-off frequncy ( I tried 15 Khz and 50 Khz) but I alway obtain floating and not precise readings on low frequencies. How can I solve this problem?Maybe using a low-pass filter like these(very expensive IMHO)?:

or building a proper one (but as said before simple RC filters didn't work)?

Reply to
caius

Step 1: Post it in a way that *everyone* who reads the question can see **ALL** of the responses.

The way you do that is to put the names of ALL the groups to which you are going to post it on the To: line of your *first* (and only) post; separate those with commas. This is called cross-posting.

An even better method is to choose ONE group where your topic is appropriate and post ONLY to that group.

Reply to
JeffM