Help in Minneapolis !!

Howdy all,

I have finally decided to take a trip stateside, the place is nice, the people friendly etc etc...but umm...where ohh where are there any decent electronics shops or electronics surplus places in Minneapolis and surrounding areas ? I have searched local phone books etc, but came up with nothing of any substance. Anyone help with some suggestions ? Ohh, I know Digikey is located here somewhere too, anyone know if they have a trade counter ?

Please...nobody mention ratshack...I have already had a dodgy experience there while trying to buy a meter for a wee job I needed to do. I thought I may as well buy a decent meter and keep it as a spare. The bloke described it as their flagship meter...resembled a compass if ya ask me. So I went to a different store with the same name, but this time I didn't even ask the staff for directions to the shelf. I just picked one out, not a Beckman like I'm used to...but not bad for the money, even if they don't sell silicone leads to go with it. $69.00 all told and does just about everything my Beckman does. Except my Beckman is..umm...a Beckman, and I trust it not to blow my hands off while working on high voltage boards ;>)

regards Alastair

Reply to
JukeboxWizard

Digi-Key catalog doesn't mention a trade counter. They're in Thief River Falls, by the way. Call 1-800-DIGI-KEY and tell 'em wot you want. You do have a mailing address, of course ...

Reply to
nospam

Is Acme Electronics still there? Used to be on Washington Ave. W. of downtown. Also, 3-M used to have a surplus store, but I imagine it's gone now. There are frequent hamfests and swapmeets though, and a couple of 2M swap nets.

Good luck.

73, Allen WA0OHE
Reply to
Allen Windhorn