Help cleaning up ATX Computer PSU

Hi All,

I have a number of 500 Watt PSUs that I am using in a project. However they struggle with maintaining voltages when the load changes. I would like to make a PCB that will remove as much noise from the output stage of the PSUs.

I'm driving a computer and a number of other devices which are plugged in at random. Noise is mainly found on the +12V line.

Therefore I'm after a suggestion for remnoving noise perhaps using RC networks to remove noise from as many frequencies as possible.

Before anyone asks why I don't just go buy a nice PSU. These provide me with every voltage I require and they are =A330. I'd rather clean it up than spend =A3150 on separate supplies. : )

Many thanks in advance.

Daveatfernie

Reply to
daveatfernie

it's kind of hard not knowing the nature of the noise, but,

Try a low ESR 1000uF capacitor from +12 to +5, and a 5W 2.2 ohm resistor from 5V to ground. (it'll get hot)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen