Geek Shopping Article in Wikipedia

I need a little help. Several times I have tried to find recent information on the web on good places to find good geek items like electronics parts in specific locations like Dallas, Hong Kong, and Southern California. Sometimes after various amounts of searching I would find a few places for each location but nowhere was there a good current comprehensive list.

A lot of my searches would lead to the Wikipedia so in my ignorance I created a 'Geek shopping' article in the hopes that other people would both find use for it, and add to it so that fellow geek shoppers would have a much easier time.

I half expected the page to not meet Wikipedias criterea for survival. However I didn't expect it to be immediately attacked and marked for deletion for such reasons as the anagram for Geek Shopping is 'Pigpen kegs, ho'! I suspect that the page is being attacked by a core group of Wikipedia 'nabobs of negativity' who have nothing to do with whether the page is valid material or not (it probably isn't as it stands).

Therefore I am asking that you take a look at '

' and update it and make it more useful. Also please go to the link on the line reading 'See this article's entry on the Pages for Deletion page' and add your comments on if the article should be deleted or not.

Reply to
slowave

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote this in :

I agree with people on wikipedia, delete it. But not yet. Let's look at it for a while, see if it developes into anything better. In the current form, it's useless. So I think we should vote for keeping it, and then edit it to confirm to a higher quality.

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net
Reply to
Vidar Løkken

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote this in :

oh, and have a look at it now. I've edited it heavily, added wiki markup (use # for creating numbered lists and so on), added some descriptional material, and in general made it more informative. Remember that wikipedia articles should be usefull outside this limited community, and as such it should contain info about the phenomena, which your article did not.

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net